The official Gmail app brings the best of Gmail to your iPhone or iPad with robust security, real-time notifications, multiple account support, and search that works across all your mail.
With the Gmail app, you can:
• Make Gmail your default email app on iOS
• Automatically block more than 99.9 percent of spam, phishing, malware, and dangerous links from ever reaching your inbox
• Undo send, to prevent embarrassing mistakes
• Turn on Google Chat to connect, create and collaborate with others
• Get more done as a group in Spaces - a dedicated place for organizing people, topics, and projects
• Enjoy high quality video calling with Google Meet
• Respond to emails quickly with Smart Reply suggestions
• Switch between multiple accounts
• Get notified of new mail fast, with notification center, badge, and lock screen options
• Search your mail faster with instant results, predictions as you type, and spelling suggestions
• Organize your mail by labeling, starring, deleting, and reporting spam
• Swipe to archive/delete, to quickly clear out your inbox
• Read your mail with threaded conversations
• Auto-complete contact names as you type from your Google contacts or your phone
• Respond to Google Calendar invites right from the app
Gmail is part of Google Workspace, allowing you and your team to easily connect, create, and collaborate. You can:
• Connect with coworkers via Google Meet or Google Chat, send an invite in Calendar, add an action to your task list, and more without leaving Gmail
• Use suggested actions — like Smart Reply, Smart Compose, grammar suggestions, and nudges — to help you stay on top of work and take care of simple tasks, so you can be more efficient with your time
• Stay safe. Our machine learning models block more than 99.9% of spam, phishing, and malware from reaching our users
1. How to Use Gmail on Your iPhone - Complete Beginners Guide
2. How to add google account on iphone 📲
Is it good?
Google LLC has put efforts and engineered a sophisticated google app. What makes it successful? It is very easy to use for such a solid productivity app with built-in secure features. Well, as a top-performing app with an overall rating of 4.68 I can only add what people who have tried it are saying.
ETA: I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app, as well as updating the iOS to 15.3.1. So far everything is working the way it should, so I’ve changed my rating from 2 ⭐️ to 5⭐️.
The blue line showing which email I last interacted with is a nice touch. I only have one comment now: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! Sometimes new features “for better efficiency” actually take more steps than the functionality they’re replacing. I’ll send a note to the product team: I don’t want to use Meet. I wish I could turn that option off in settings so I don’t bump it accidentally at the bottom of the screen. 😑
I use a lot of labels, and when I click on a link in an email that’s not in the inbox, which takes me to a browser page, if I don’t return to gmail within about 30 seconds, when I do return it takes me back to the inbox instead of back to the label/folder I was in previously. Also, lately about half the time I open the app, the hamburger menu is missing and I have to take it out of multitasking and reopen it to fix that. I love the fact that I can add multiple labels and they are the right color, just like on the web interface, which isn’t available in the native Apple app, so I’m a fan, but these two issues are frustrating.
For those who want a simple approach to the online world, this is the app for you. As I’ve heard others say, this very product designed by google has simply become the standard in the way email websites are presented today. There’s no doubt about it. The interface, I would say, is user friendly. The app itself is fast and from my time using it, I have experienced no bugs (that’s not to say they don’t exist, however.)
There’s one minor inconvenience and I’m not even sure if this is a google classroom issue or a gmail issue. I use this service for schooling, and I rely on it much more these days because of the current state of the world, and consequently I have to do online schooling. Gmail and classroom don’t work together. I’ll receive an email hours after the assignment itself has been posted, so at times I’m not in the loop as to what I need to have turned in. When I do receive an email for classroom, I’ll tap the “open” button and it doesn’t take me directly to the assignment/announcement. All it does is open the app so now I have to dig through classroom to find it.
Regardless, this app is great and if you want a simple approach to email, this app is the way to go.
Download Gmail - Email by Google free for iPhone and iPad
In order to download IPA files follow these steps.
Step 1: Download the Apple Configurator 2 app to your Mac.
Note that you will need to have macOS 10.15.6 installed.
Step 2: Log in to Your Apple Account.
Now you have to connect Your iPhone to your Mac via USB cable and select the destination folder.
Step 3: Download the Gmail - Email by Google IPA File.
Now you can access the desired IPA file in the destination folder.